COVID-19 Business Grant
Applications for the NSW COVID-19 Business Grant open today. Businesses in NSW that are impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions may qualify for a one-off grant of $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grant provides cash flow support for businesses that experienced reduced demand or had to close due to the public health orders. Eligible applicants across NSW can use the grant for business costs incurred from 1 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, including:
- utilities, wages and rent
- financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- marketing and communications activities to develop the business
- the cost of perishable goods that can no longer be used
- other activities to support the operation of the business.
Expenses incurred after 17 July 2021 are to be covered by the JobSaver payment.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as at 1 June 2021
- have had total annual Australian wages of less than $10 million as at 1 July 2020
- have had a group turnover between $75,000 and $50 million for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available
- maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021. See the guidelines for definitions.
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 26 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
Businesses and not-for-profit organisations on the NSW border with Victoria impacted by the stay-at-home orders that began on 27 May 2021 may use a different comparison period to demonstrate a decline in turnover. For each of the 3 grant amounts, these businesses must demonstrate a decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 27 May 2021 to 26 July 2021.
Apply online with your business’s MyServiceNSW Account. You may need to be patient. At present the application site is temporarily unavailable due to the unprecedented demand for the grant.
To apply, you will need:
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN number
- business banking details for payment
- Australian income tax return or Notice of Assessment
- qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent details.
While we cannot apply for you, we may be able to assist by providing a letter confirming the decline in your turnover and by providing a copy of your 2019-2020 tax return if needed.
Please contact us if you have any questions about your business. We are here to help.